Saint John’s is a parish church established in Laurel, Mississippi in 1894 in the Anglican tradition of the Episcopal Church. Our worship is to the Glory of God and sacramentally centered in the celebration of the Eucharistic Sacrifice of Jesus. Our mission is evangelical: to bring all persons to the knowledge and love of God, and to respect the dignity and freedom of every human being.
We are located at 541 North Fifth Avenue in historic downtown Laurel. Saint John’s is the only Episcopal/Anglican Church in Jones County and our parish family is comprised of faithful from Laurel, Ellisville, Bay Springs, Moselle, Soso and all over Jones County and we seek to meet the spiritual needs of this diverse county.
We are a church family of persons married and single; young and old; rich and poor; liberal and conservative, our common goal and greatest bond is to follow Christ Jesus, worship God in His Holy Church, and to sacrificially give, work and pray for the spread of His Kingdom.
The parish adheres to “the faith once delivered to the saints,” revealed by God in the person of His incarnate Son, Jesus Christ, recorded in the Holy Scriptures, to which the teaching and practice of the undivided Church of the first millennium bears witness. In our public worship at St. John, we return our praise to God with the greatest possible reverence in thanksgiving for all that we have been given. We believe wholeheartedly that the traditional worship and devotional practice of the Christian Church speaks as clearly and powerfully today as it did a millennium ago.
And the Spirit and the Bride say, Come.
And let them that hear say, Come.
And let them that are athirst come.
And whosoever will, let them take the water of life freely.
Johns Episcopal Church
541 North 5th Ave. P.O. Box 1766
Laurel, MS 39441
920.889.7190 Fr. Karl’s Mobile
601.422.7388 Fr. Jeff’s Mobile